Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Snow!

Oh, let the madness begin here in New England...
(The white stuff blanketing the lane in Plymouth, MA)

Last year was a horrible winter for me and my attempt to train for my first half marathon. I was also unemployed, dealing with deep depression, and heavier than I am today, so I had a lot of other stuff going on, but the prevalence of ice on the roads and my eyesight issues, running at night or in any low light environment really made things tough.

Having a pair of decent hybrid shoes should make a difference, as I have learned from my trail running friends that snow and ice on the roads can be better managed with shoes that can handle mileage on the roads and the trails respectively.


I guess this is the test of living in New England - making adjustments and sacrifices to make sure that one can maintain fitness over the course of the winter, in order to be raring to go for the spring races.


It's too cold to run....
It's too icy to run....
It's too dark to run....


1 comment:

Pathfinder said...

I love that picture. I have no complaints living in Maine and embrace the winter as openly as I do the other three seasons....how many places can one live and get quality challenges like these?