Sunday, January 18, 2009

"I wouldn't exactly call it training..."

Exhibit A:



















Exhibit B:






















I am not complaining, but I basically ran 4 miles early in the week before the snow, ice, and cold came, and after that I decided to not train this week. I thought about my IT band aching, and my plantar fascitis flairing up, and basically resolved to rest. I am not going to get any quality training in, and I am not even sure my IT band is going to allow me to attempt the volume of mileage I need (even on the shorter mileage training plan), so I am just going to take the time to rest, recovery and slowly build back.


It is strange how two hours in October are still dictating my training three months later. Plus, I am having severe doubts about attempting an ultra. I may need another year running races of 13.1 to 26.2 before I am capable physically to go longer. Who knows.


Just had a good time hanging with my little guys this week, went bowling with a three year old this afternoon, and really am reminded of what is most important in life:













Cheers!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Rob, This has been a good week to stay indoors. Will this snow ever end? Take care of those injuries. Think spring!

robtherunner said...

It's best to be healthy before gearing up for an ultra. I hope the snow has cleared.