Hey everybody, so this morning I was walking to the car and the usually reliable traction of newly fallen snow was sullied by a nasty layer of ice. Then, as I hopped out of the passenger's seat when I arrived at work, I placed my coffee cup on the top of the car, only to see it migrate to the edge of the roof, nearly falling to the ground, if not for my epic reaction time, based on my more epic addiction to caffiene!
I have been really content with my trail shoes for icy conditions, but I am seriously thinking about splurging for a pair of Yaktrax Pros for running (and walking) in conditions such as these. Especially after reading a few blogs, and hearing others using the Yaktraks for trail training runs, I am seeing it might be a good call.
Let the forum open! I'd love to hear your opinion on 'Yaks", as I am trying to make a more informed decision.
To anyone who contribes, thanks!
- ► 2010 (22)
- January - The Month that Continues to Humble this ...
- "I wouldn't exactly call it training..."
- Training week - The first step is sometimes the ha...
- Point of Reflection - Part Two: 2009
- Yaktrax, anyone?
- Point of Reflection - Part One: 2008
- Training Re-Cap, Gear Reviews, and 'The Dude'
- First Run and First Thoughts...
- ▼ January (8)