...and working pays the entry fees and cost for gear, etc.
In brief, until I can elaborate let me throw a few ideas and questions out there:
1.) Blue Hills Fox Trot 10 miler... Rob goes out way too fast 8:30's first two miles, BONK way too early. Ran with kZ and Breakheart Dan for a little while and discovered "Agua Erotica" (copyright Breakheart Dan). It seems to be a combination of heat, humidity, goofy trail runners, and a water stop that seeems to appear out of no where in the middle of a ten mile trail race with no road crossings. Water never tasted so good!
2.) Does anyone else consume Ibuprofen during long races? I read an article that doing so promotes Hyponatremia. Help!
3.) Thinking about using the GAC 6-Hour as another long training run in preparation for the Pineland Farms 50k, I know, I know, make up your stinkin' mind! It seems Breakheart Dan might go to run it with kZ, and mentioned 12/min mile for a target pace, which I think I am capable of, and will gladly sign up for a 50k if I know I'll have a friend or two (not of the imaginary variety) to help through those last 10 miles. Shared suffering is far cooler than solo suffering!
Well, I'll hopefully have a moment or two soon to elaborate a little, but until then...
- ► 2010 (22)
- It is All Fun & Games Until Someone Gets Kidney Fa...
- Blue Hills Fox Trot 10 Miler: "Agua Erotica"... Am...
- Would LOVE to Post, But Work is Kicking My Butt......
- App. in the Mail...
- Serving Two Masters, Bad Ice Cubes, and Doing the ...
- Oh No... Bitten by the Ultra Bug...
- Race Recap - Merrimack River Trail Run
- Against All Good Logic... Goin' Long
- ▼ April (8)